King Crab Farfalle Puttanesca
- 1 8 oz. container king crab meat, segmented into desired sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp. virgin olive ol
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 shallot, minced (about 1/4 c.)
- 1 14.5 oz. can "petite" diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. Capers
- 1/4 c. pitted and halved black olives, such as Gaeta or Kalamata
- 1/2 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/4 tsp. dried basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Optional: 1-2 tsp. tomato paste, if desired, to thicken sauce
- 1 Tbsp. freshly minced parsley
- 8 oz. dry farfalle (bow tie) pasta, cooked al dente and drained
- Optional: grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Heat oil in large saute pan over medium heat. Sauté garlic and shallot until translucent. Do not brown.
- Add all remaining ingredients except pasta, king crab and cheese. Lower heat to low and simmer, covered 20-25 minutes.
- Fold in crab meat and heat through. Toss cooked pasta in sauce and serve topped with grated cheese, if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.