King Crab and Cantaloupe Margarita
- 1 8 oz container king crab meat, segment into desired sized pieces
- 1 tsp grated lime zest (1 whole lime)
- 1 Tbs fresh squeezed lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 Tbs jalapeño jelly
- 1 Tbs orange juice
- 1 Tbs Tequila
- 1 cup 1/2" peeled and diced ripe cantaloupe melon
- Lime juice, as needed, to "rim" margarita glasses
- 1 tsp kosher salt and 2 tbsp. sanding sugar mixed together to "rim" glasses
- Shredded iceberg lettuce to line bottom of 4 margarita glasses
- Lime wedges, garnish
- In small mixing bowl whisk together lime zest, lime juice, jelly, orange juice, and Tequila. Fold in melon and crab meat. Cover and chill at least 1 hour to blend flavors before serving.
- To serve: "Rim" each glass with lime juice. Dip in sugar/salt mixture to coat. Place about 2-4 Tbsp. shredded lettuce in the bottom of each glass. Mound marinated crab and melon mixture on top. Garnish with lime wedges.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.