Kid-Pleasing Macaroni and Cheese
- 8 oz elbow macaroni, fusilli or other small pasta
- 8 oz Horizon Organic® shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 oz Horizon Organic cottage cheese
- 8 oz Horizon Organic sour cream
- 1/4 cup Horizon Organic Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil, add pasta and cook until done. Drain. In a 9 x 13 inch baking dish, stir together the pasta, shredded cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Bake 30 to 35 minutes.
Tip: For a crunchy topping, mix together 1 cup dry bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Horizon Organic butter, melted. Sprinkle over pasta mixture before baking. And you can add peas to sneak in more vegetables.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.