Kickin' Cajun Dirty Rice
- 1 pound ground beef (75% to 80% lean)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 package (6 to 8 ounces) Cajun-style dirty rice mix
- Water, as needed
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- Brown ground beef with bell pepper in large nonstick skillet over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes or until beef is not pink, breaking up into 3/4-inch crumbles. Pour off drippings.
- Stir in rice mix and water amount indicated in package directions, omitting oil or margarine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook according to time indicated in package directions or until rice is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes. Cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, selenium and zinc, and a good source of fiber and iron.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.