Jerked Chicken and Plantain Kebabs with Papaya Avocado Salsa
- 8 boneless chicken thighs, cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 ripe plantains, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, cut into 2-inch chunks; 1 chunk minced
- 2 Tbs jerk seasoning
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salsa2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 cup diced papaya
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 2 Tbs orange juice
- 1 tsp jerk seasoning
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Prepare charcoal or gas grill, or preheat broiler.
- To make salsa, stir together all salsa ingredients, plus minced red onion. Set aside.
- Rub chicken, plantains and chunks of red onion with jerk seasoning and cumin and thread onto 8 long skewers. Place on grill or under broiler and cook, turning once, about 6 minutes per side or until chicken is firm and cooked throughout and plantains and onions are tender.
- Serve skewers with salsa and rice.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.