Jerk Pork Tenderloin with Black Beans and Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa
- 1 pork tenderloin, (about 1 pound), rubbed with Jerk Seasoning
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 Tbs chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tbs lime juice
- salt, to taste
- 8 6-inch flour tortillas, warmed
- Pineapple & Cucumber Salsa1 20 oz can pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced and seeded (use gloves when handling pepper)
- 1 Tbs black pepper, coarsely ground
- 4 Tbs cilantro, finely chopped
- Jerk Seasoning1 Tbs dried onion, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp thyme, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- Place whole tenderloin in shallow roasting pan and roast in a 450° F. oven for 20 minutes, until internal temperatue reads 160° F on a meat thermometer. Remove and let rest 10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- In large bowl, toss together beans, onion, chili powder and cumin. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat, film with a little oil and stir-fry bean mixture until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Toss bean mixture with chopped cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.
- Pineapple & Cucumber SalsaIn medium bowl, stir together pineapple tidbits, cucumber, rice vinegar, olive oil, cayenne pepper, jalapeño pepper (use rubber gloves when handling pepper), black pepper, and cilantro. Cover and let rest at room temperature for an hour to let flavors blend. Refrigerate for longer storage; bring to room temperature before serving. Makes 3 cups.
- Jerk SeasoningMix together dried minced onion, onion powder, crushed thyme, salt, allspice, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, black pepper, and cayenne. Makes enough to coat one whole pork tenderloin.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with warm tortillas and hot rice.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.