Japanese Stir-Fry Vegetables
- Mongolian BBQ Sauce1/2 cup low-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sake
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- pinch ground coriander
- pinch ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- 1/4 cup minced leeks
- 2 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 2 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbs water
- 2 Tbs low-sodium tamari sauce
- Stir-fry2 tsp canola oil
- 3/4 cup snow peas
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red and yellow bell peppers, mixed
- 1/4 cup stemmed and sliced shiitake mushrooms
- 1/2 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded Napa cabbage
- 1/2 cup Mongolian BBQ Sauce
- SauceIn a large saucepan, combine 1/2 cup tamari sauce, sugar, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sake and 1/3 cup water and bring to a boil. Add ketchup, coriander, ground ginger and red chili flakes. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small bowl, combine leeks, garlic, fresh ginger, 2 tablespoons water and 2 tablespoons tamari sauce. Add to cooked mixture and stir until combined. Pour into a jar.
- Cover and store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Stir-fryHeat wok until hot and add oil. Add vegetables and cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute until vegetables are crisp, but tender.
- Add BBQ sauce and toss to coat vegetables.
Nutrition Note: A serving is a half cup.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.