- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups RW Knudsen Very Veggie Spicy juice
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken thighs cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 lb smoked turkey sausage, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tbs Cajun seasonings
- 1 tsp teaspoon salt
- 1/2 lb raw shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan heat the vegetable oil over medium heat and sauté onion, pepper, jalapeno and garlic until tender, 4-5 minutes. Add all remaining ingredients except shrimp and rice. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer until chicken is cooked through about 20 minutes. Add shrimp and continue to simmer until shrimp are cooked and no longer pink, 5-8 minutes. Place hot cooked rice in a serving bowl and top with Jambalaya.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.