Italian Veal & Pepper Stew
- 1- 1/2 lbs veal for stew, cut into 1-1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced Italian-style tomatoes, undrained
- 2/3 cup ready-to-serve chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium green bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- Combine flour, salt and pepper. Lightly coat veal with flour mixture; reserve remaining flour. Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium heat until hot. Brown veal, 1/2 at a time; remove from Dutch oven.
- Stir tomatoes, broth, garlic and reserved flour mixture into Dutch oven. Add veal; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover tightly and simmer 45 minutes.
- Add bell peppers; continue cooking, covered, 30 minutes or until veal is fork-tender. Serve over hot cooked rice, and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.