Italian Lemon Cookies
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, cold
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 to 4 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 2 to 4 tsp freshly grated lemon peel
- Mix flour and baking soda in large bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar in mixer bowl with whisk attachment at high speed until light and fluffy, 5 minutes. Beat in sour cream, lemon juice and lemon peel. Add yolk mixture, 1/3 at a time, to flour mixture, stirring just until combined after each addition. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 30 to 60 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Work with 1/4 of the dough at a time, keeping remaining dough refrigerated. Roll pieces of dough on lightly floured surface into 6 x 1/2-inch ropes. Shape as desired; place on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in 350°F oven until lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Cool on baking sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.