Italian Chicken Patties
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 8 oz can tomato sauce
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 lb ground Italian sausage
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Italian seasoned dried bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 12 slices French bread
- 6 slices mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- orange slices
- parsley sprigs
- In small saucepan, mix together tomato sauce, basil, red pepper flakes and garlic powder over medium heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, place chicken, sausage, Italian seasoning, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Mix and shape into thin, oval patties.
- In large frypan lightly sprayed with cooking oil, place chicken patties. Cook over medium heat about 10 minutes, turning once; remove and keep warm.
- In same frypan, sauté onions until tender.
- On each of 6 slices of bread, place 1 slice mozzarella cheese. Top with chicken patty, onion slices and Swiss cheese. Place remaining slice of bread on each and butter outsides.
- Cook on griddle over medium heat until brown on each side and cheese is melted.
- Garnish with twisted orange slice and parsley sprig. Serve with seasoned tomato sauce for dipping.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.