Island Chicken Wings
- 8 chicken wings
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 Tbs apricot preserves
- 1 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1 large banana, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 Tbs garlic oil
- Cut off wing tips; discard or save for other purposes. Cut remaining wings apart at joints to make 2 pieces each.
- To make dipping sauce, in blender, combine chilies, onion, raisins, preserves, brown sugar, lemon juice, allspice and banana; purée.
- In large skillet, heat garlic oil. Cook wings for 18 to 20 minutes or until well-browned on all sides and internal juices of chicken run clear. Meanwhile, pour sauce in small saucepan and cook uncovered over medium heat for 10 minutes to thicken liquid; stir frequently.
- Sprinkle wings with salt and pepper. Serve with dipping sauce.
Ingredient Tip: For additional flavor, marinate chicken wings in Italian dressing and then grill or broil. Serve with dipping sauce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.