Individual Tomato Florentine Stratas
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach (about 4 oz.)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat bread cubes (1-inch) (about 2 slices)
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (1 oz.)
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place 1/2 cup spinach in each of four greased 10-ounce custard cups. Top with bread, dividing evenly. Toss tomato with Italian seasoning; spoon evenly over bread.
- Beat eggs and milk in medium bowl until blended. Slowly pour scant 1/2 cup egg mixture over tomato in each cup. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place cups in baking pan. Bake in center of 350°F oven until custards are puffed and begin to pull away from sides of cups and knife inserted near centers comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.