Indian-Style Scrambled Eggs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small tomato, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp minced jalapeño OR serrano pepper
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until hot. Add onion, ginger and cumin; stir-fry until onion is just softened, about 2 minutes. Add tomato and jalapeño pepper; stir-fry 2 minutes longer.
- Beat eggs, cilantro and salt in medium bowl until blended. Pour over mixture in skillet. As eggs begin to set, gently pull the eggs across the pan with an inverted turner, forming large soft curds. Continue cooking - pulling, lifting and folding eggs - until thickened and no visible liquid egg remains. Do not stir constantly.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.