- 1/2 lb boneless pork loin, cut into thin slices
- 1 Tbs cornstarch, plus 4 teaspoons, divided
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 lb fresh broccoli, trimmed
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil, divided
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger root, slivered
- 1 onion, chunked and separated
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- hot cooked rice
- Coat pork strips with mixture of 1 tablespoon each cornstarch and soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine remaining 4 teaspoons cornstarch and 2 tablespoons soy sauce with red pepper flakes and 1 1/4 cups water. Cut broccoli into bite-size flowerets and stems into thin slices. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in hot wok or large skillet over high heat. Add pork and stir-fry 2 minutes; remove. Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same pan. Add ginger, stir-fry 30 seconds. Add onion and broccoli; stir-fry 4 minutes. Stir in pork, tomatoes and soy sauce mixture; cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens. Serve over rice.
Cooking Tip: When you are in a hurry-turn to cuts that cook up quickly, such as chops, tenderloins and cutlets.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.