Hot Pork and Pear Salad
- 1 lb boneless pork chops, cut into strips
- 2 pears (firm and ripe)
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 Tbs sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- Pare and core pears; cut into 12 slices. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet; gently sauté pears until they are tender but still hold their shape. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add oil to pan and stir-fry pork until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove pork from pan; add vinegar, sugar and salt to pan juices; cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Return pork and pears to pan with raisins, stir gently to heat through.
- Put salad greens in a large salad bowl; spoon over pork mixture, toss. Garnish with walnuts.
Substitution Tip: You can use 3/4 pound leftover pork roast strips place of the pork chops.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.