Herbed Shallot-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 medium portobello mushrooms, stemmed (5 to 6 ounces each)
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large tomato, cored and chopped
- 15 to 20 large fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Spray a baking sheet or baking pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Wipe the mushrooms with a clean, dry towel. Lay the mushrooms on the tray and spray with a little more cooking spray.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, turning the mushrooms once during baking, or until the mushrooms are soft and tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, stir together the shallot, tomato, and basil leaves. Stir in the olive oil, vinegar, and a tiny pinch of sea salt, if using. You will have about 1 1/2 cups of topping.
- When the mushrooms are soft, remove them from the oven. Spoon a little of the topping onto the mushroom caps, spreading it over the inside of the caps. Serve immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.