Herbed Lamb Chops
- 2 medium onions, chopped, rinsed, and drained
- olive oil cooking spray
- 6 loin lamb chops (about 1 3/4 pounds), fat trimmed, 1/4-inch-thick
- 1 Tbs dried oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, coarsely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Put the onions in a bowl and spray lightly with cooking spray. Toss to coat.
- Put the lamb chops in a the broiler pan and surround them with the onions. Do not put the onions on top of the chops. Sprinkle the oregano and rosemary leaves over the chops and onions.
- Broil the chops 5 to 6 inches from the heat for about 7 minutes. Turn and cook for 6 to 7 minutes longer until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the meat without touching the bone registers 140° F for medium-rare meat. Stir the onions when you turn the lamb. For better done lamb, cook a few minutes longer until the meat reaches your desired degree of doneness.
- Serve the lamb chops immediately.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.