Hearty Sausage Soup (Soupa de Parma)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 lb chicken Italian sausage, sliced or crumbled
- 1 quart chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cups tomatoes, canned, chopped or broken up with a spoon
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced 1/2-inch (1.5cm) thick
- 1 cup pasta shells, uncooked.
- Brown sausage in a non stick pan. Add onions and cook until they are translucent.
- Transfer to a large heavy bottomed soup pot, and add chicken or vegetable broth, canned tomatoes, wine and basil.
- Bring soup to a boil, stirring occasionally, then turn the heat down and cook for about 30 minutes.
- Add green pepper, zucchini and pasta and cook for another 25 minutes. Season with pepper, and a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese if desired.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.