Hearty Fresh Mushroom Chili
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 Tbs chili powder
- 1 can (15 ounces) chicken or vegetable broth, reduced-sodium
- 8 oz (about 3 cups) stewed tomatoes, reduced-sodium or no-salt-added
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, 50% less sodium
- 1 can (about 7 ounces) corn kernels, no-salt-added
- In a large saucepan heat oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook stirring frequently until mushrooms are tender and liquid evaporates, about 5 minutes. Stir in chili powder; cook and stir 1 minute. Add chicken broth, stewed tomatoes, kidney beans and corn. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer to blend flavors, about 10 minutes. Serve topped with tortilla chips, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.