Vanilla Bean Cherry Chocolate Granola Bars
- ¾ cup un-sweetened organic apple sauce
- 2 Tbs agave nectar
- ½ cup almond butter
- 1 whole vanilla bean
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup brown rice cereal
- ½ cup millet
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup flax seeds
- ¼ cup unsalted sunflower seeds
- ½ cup dried cherries
- ½ cup grain-sweetened chocolate chips
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line an 8×8 inch baking dish with parchment paper, allowing it to hang off the side. Spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- Slice vanilla bean down the center and using a spoon scrape out the inside. Place the scrapings in a medium bowl, discard bean. Add apple sauce, agave nectar, and almond butter, stirring well to combine. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine, oats, rice cereal, millet, almonds, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, dried cherries, chocolate chips, and salt.
- Add reserved apple sauce mixture to oat mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into reserved baking dish and press so it is even and flat.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until lightly browned. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Lift sides of parchment paper to release from pan and place on a cooling rack for an additional 10 minutes.
- On a cutting board cut into granola bars.
- Can be stored in the freezer or fridge.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.