Hamachi, Strawberry, and Yuzu Ceviche
- 1 lb hamachi (yellowtail), cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 6 Tbs freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 Tbs yuzu juice
- 1/4 cup lychee juice
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced (seed if desired)
- 10 cilantro leaves
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stemmed and cut into wedges
- salt and pepper
- olio agrumato (optional)
- tortilla chips
- In a nonreactive bowl, marinate hamachi in lime juice for 15 minutes, refrigerated. Stir in yuzu juice and lychee juice; refrigerate 15 minutes more or until the fish is slightly opaque and the texture somewhere between sashimi and cooked fish.
- Mix in red pepper, onion, jalapeño, cilantro and strawberries; season with salt and pepper. To serve, mound ceviche in the center of a shallow bowl or plate; if desired, drizzle with olio agrumato. Serve with tortilla chips.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.