Ham Salad with Hot Peanut Dressing
- 3/4 lb boneless ham, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 1 Tbs soy sauce, (reduced sodium)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Tbs sugar
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6 cups romaine, or curly endive
- 1 head radicchio, or Boston lettuce
- 1 bunch watercress
- 1 11 oz can mandarin orange , drained
- roasted peanuts, (optional)
- In medium saucepan combine oil, peanut butter, lime juice, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and sugar. Over low heat stir to dissolve sugar and heat through.
- In large bowl toss together cucumber, onion, romaine or endive, and watercress. Line plates with radicchio, top with tossed vegetables, ham, and orange sections. Drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with roasted peanuts, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: Use a variety of different lettuce greens and sprinkle with roasted nuts for an added crunch. This entrée salad needs only hot bread or breadsticks to complete the menu.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.