Ham & Eggs In Puff Pastry
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 Tbs prepared mustard
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, defrosted, squeezed dry
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese (2 oz.)
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, defrosted
- Heat oven to 425°F. Reserve 2 Tbsp beaten egg for glazing. Mix remaining beaten eggs, mustard and lemon juice in large bowl. Add spinach; mix well. Add hard-cooked eggs, ham and cheese; mix gently.
- Roll puff pastry on lightly floured surface into 15 x 9-inch rectangle. Brush lightly with some of the reserved beaten egg. Spoon spinach mixture lengthwise down center of pastry. Fold sides of pastry over filling, pinching edges together in center to seal; pinch short ends of pastry to seal.
- Place, seam-side-down, on lightly greased baking sheet. Brush top and sides with remaining beaten egg. Cut 5 diagonal slashes across top of pastry for steam vents.
- Bake in 425°F oven until pastry is golden brown and filling is heated through, about 20 minutes. Cut crosswise into 1-inch slices.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.