Ham & Asparagus Strata
- 12 slices (1/2" thick, 4" diameter) French or Italian bread (4 oz.)
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz.)
- 1 cup chopped cooked ham (4 oz.)
- 8 oz fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- Heat oven to 350°F. Place 1/2 of the bread in single layer in greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top evenly with layers of 1/2 of the cheese, ham and asparagus. Cover with remaining bread, placing slices flat or in shingled pattern. Repeat cheese, ham and asparagus layers.
- Beat eggs, milk, lemon juice and garlic powder in medium bowl until blended. Pour over layers in baking dish.
- Bake in 350°F oven until puffed, golden and knife inserted near center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.