Halibut with Fresh Ginger
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 1/2 lbs halibut fillet, cut into 4 pieces
- juice of 1 large lemon (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 Tbs freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh thyme leaves
- freshly ground black pepper and sea salt, optional
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Spray a baking pan large enough to hold the halibut in a single layer with cooking spray. Lay the halibut in the pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, grated ginger, and thyme. Pour over the halibut, spreading the mixture evenly over the fish.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the fish is opaque and flakes when pierced with a fork. The size and thickness of the fish will affect the cooking time.
- Serve with the pan juices spooned over the fish. Season generously with pepper and with a pinch of salt, if desired.
Serving Suggestion: For a more elegant presentation, put each piece of fish in a small oval baking dish. Top with equal amounts of sauce and bake the fish for 12 to 15 minutes. Serve the fish in the dishes.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.