Halibut with a Heart (Red Pepper Sauce)
- 6 lbs halibut steaks (can use haddock, grouper or red snapper fillets, fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 6 Tbs margarine; melted
- Red Pepper Sauce6 Tbs margarine
- 3 cups minced onion
- 6 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 (1 lb) cans of tomatoes, undrained, cut up
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper
- Preparing Steaks: Preheat broiler. Sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper; brush with margarine. Broil an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until fish is firm, turns translucent to opaque.
- Preparing Sauce: In a saucepan, melt margarine, add onions and peppers and cook just until tender, about 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients, simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes.
- Place halibut steaks on a serving platter and spoon Red Pepper Sauce over them.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.