Guilt-Free, Healthy Seven-Layer Bean Dip
- 1 15-oz can of refried black beans, made with all-natural ingredients with no oil, sugar, etc. added (instead of the processed refried beans usually used)
- 2 Mashed avocados (instead of avocado "dip")
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp taco seasoning
- 1 bunch green onions
- 1/4 cup low-fat Mexican Cheese blend
- 3-4 roma tomatoes, diced
- Warm up refried beans in a small pot over medium heat. Add in taco seasoning to taste. Once all combined, set aside to cool.
- Peel, pit, mash avocados in a small bowl – add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and stir to combine.
- Combine yogurt and taco seasoning mix in another bowl.
- Cut corn tortillas into eighths and spread on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with olive oil cooking spray. Spray the tops of the tortillas with cooking spray, season with salt, and broil at 350° on low until the tortillas are crispy and golden brown.
- To assemble:Spread refried beans on a large, shallow serving platter.
- Spread avocado mixture over bean dip.
- Spread yogurt mixture over bean dip.
- Sprinkle with green onions and tomatoes.
- Cover with grated low-fat Mexican cheese.
- Serve with homemade corn chips!
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.