Grilled Tuna with Fruit Salsa
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1 Tbs soy sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 4 6 to 8 oz tuna steaks, also works with swordfish, shark, halibut, or salmon
- Fruit Salsa1 cup chopped fresh plums
- 1 cup chopped fresh peaches
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
- 2 Tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 Tbs minced fresh mint
- Grilled Tuna:Combine pineapple juice, oil, soy sauce, and lime juice. Arrange tuna steaks in shallow glass pan; pour juice mixture over steaks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove tuna from marinade and place on grill 4-5 inches above medium hot coals; discard marinade. Grill just until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, allow 10 minutes cooking per inch of thickness, turning once during cooking. Serve with fruit salsa.
- Fruit Salsa:Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir gently, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
Substitution Tip: You can also use swordfish, shark, halibut, or salmon.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.