Grilled Swordfish with Summer Salsa
- 4 6 oz swordfish* steaks
- 1/4 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 2 tsp reduced-calorie margarine, melted
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- Summer Salsa1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup diced avocado
- 2 Tbs finely chopped red onion
- 1 Tbs chopped cilantro
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional: 1 tablespoon chopped, seeded jalapeno pepper
- Grilled Swordfish:Place fish in a shallow dish; set aside.
- Combine the next 3 ingredients; mix well and pour over steaks. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour, turning once. Meanwhile, prepare Summer Salsa.
- Remove steaks from marinade; set aside. Coat grill rack with vegetable cooking spray. Place steaks on grill 4 to 5 inches from medium hot coals. Grill, brushing with marinade and turning once, just until fish begins to flake when tested with a fork, allowing 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
- To serve, transfer fish to individual serving plates. Serve with Summer Salsa.
- Summer Salsa:Combine all ingredients in a non-reactive dish. Yield: 1 ¾ cups.
Substitution Tip: You can use halibut, shark, tuna or salmon.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.