Grilled Shrimp with Prosciutto
- 1 lb medium shrimp, fresh
- 6 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh garlic, chopped
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest
- 1/2 lb prosciutto, sliced very thin
- salt and pepper
- Peel and devein the shrimp, leaving the tails on. In a large bowl, combine oil, rosemary, garlic red pepper flakes, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and toss to coat well. Let marinade in refrigerator for one hour.
- Preheat the grill and coat with oil or cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Slice the prosciutto in half lengthwise. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and tightly wrap each in a slice of the prosciutto. Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side until the shrimp is opaque (cut to test). Do not overcook. Serve with lemon wedges.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.