Grilled Shrimp and Roasted Pear Salad
- 16 jumbo (U/15) shrimp
- 2 whole fresh pears of you choice, cut in 1/2 (core and stem removed)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 oz dried cranberries
- 2 oz candied cashews
- 12 oz mixed baby greens
- 5 oz balsamic vinaigrette
- 1/2 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 oz croutons made with cinnamon and raisin bread
- Mix 1 ounce balsamic vinegar with Dijon mustard and 1 tablespoon oil and coat shrimp. Season with salt and pepper, grill 1 1/2 minutes per side until done, then keep warm.
- Toss pears with remaining oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in 450° F oven for 14 minutes and allow to cool.
- Mix remaining balsamic vinegar and maple syrup in a medium sized bowl and toss in mixed greens and gently coat, add croutons, cranberries and cashews.
- To serve: Divide greens onto 4 plates, arrange 4 grilled shrimp per plate and top with a sliced roasted pear half and serve.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.