Grilled Scallop Skewers
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbs chopped basil
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp chopped capers
- 2 dozen olives, whole
- 2 dozen cherry tomatoes
- 6 oz leeks, washed, cut into 16-1/2-inch discs and blanched
- 16 medium sized sea scallops (appx 1lb.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 12-inch wooden skewers, soaked in warm water
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, basil, olive oil, mustard and capers. Remove 1/4 cup of dressing, cover and set aside in the refrigerator.
- String each skewer with an olive, cherry tomato, leek and scallop. Repeat pattern, finishing with one additional olives and cherry tomato. Brush with remaining lemon marinade, season with salt and pepper to taste and grill over a medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until slightly charred. Transfer cooked skewers onto a clean plate and drizzle with reserved lemon dressing.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.