Grilled Salmon with Strawberry Ginger Salsa
- 6 salmon fillets (or fish of your choice), skinless
- Salsa:1 English or seedless cucumber, finely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs cilantro, cut into strips
- 3-4 Tbs seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and diced small
- 1 yellow pepper
- Sauce:1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- Mix cucumbers, green onion, cilantro, yellow pepper and vinegar. Cover and chill at least one hour. Just before serving, add strawberries.
- In a small saucepan melt butter with garlic over low heat. Stir in honey, soy sauce and lemon juice and cook 2 minutes, set aside.
- Prepare a charcoal grill, when ready brush sauce on salmon pieces and place on a well-oiled fish grilling rack. Place rack over coals about 4 inches from fire and grill approximately 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Brush with the sauce again after turning, and again when done. Transfer to warm platter and top with salsa.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.