Grilled Ribeye Steaks and Potatoes with Smoky Paprika Rub
- 2 beef ribeye steaks, cut 1 inch thick (about 12 ounces each)
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 large russet potatoes, cut lengthwise into 8 wedges each
- 1 Tbs minced green onions
- Seasoning2 Tbs smoked or Spanish paprika
- 1- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce (recipe follows - optional)2 Tbs minced green onions
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- smoked or Spanish paprika
- Combine seasoning ingredients in small bowl; remove and reserve 2 tablespoons. Press remaining seasoning evenly onto beef steaks; set aside. Combine reserved seasoning, oil and salt in large bowl. Add potatoes; toss to coat.
- Place steaks in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange potatoes around steaks. Grill steaks, uncovered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 9 to 14 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill potatoes 14 to 17 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 13 to 15 minutes) or until tender, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices; season with salt, as desired. Sprinkle green onion over potatoes. Serve potatoes with Sour Cream and Onion Sauce for dipping, if desired.
- Sour Cream and Onion Sauce (Optional)Combine 1/2 cup dairy sour cream and 2 tablespoons minced green onion. Sprinkle with smoked or Spanish paprika, as desired. Yield: 1/2 cup
Nutrition Note: Sour Cream and Onion Sauce is not included in the nutrition facts.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.