Grilled Rainbow Trout Quesadillas
- 12 (4 ounces each) rainbow trout fillets
- 3/4 pound shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 3/4 pound shredded Cheddar cheese
- 12 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 quart tomato salsa
- 1-1/2 cups sour cream
- 4 avocados (medium, 48 count)
- Season trout fillets with salt and pepper; sauté or grill until just cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Remove and discard skin; break up trout into bite size pieces. Refrigerate until needed.
- Per order: arrange 1/4 cup of each cheese over half of one tortilla. Top cheese with 1/3 cup trout and 1/3 cup salsa; fold tortilla in half. Place tortilla on hot, dry griddle; cook, turning once, until tortilla is lightly browned on both sides and cheese is melted. Cut into quarters and serve with 2 tablespoons sour cream, and 1/3 of a peeled, sliced avocado.
- Variation: Substitute 4 cups flaked, smoked Rainbow Trout for Clear-Cuts® Boneless Rainbow Trout fillets.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.