Grilled Rack of Asparagus
- 1 lb asparagus
- 8-10 6-inch wooden bamboo skewers
- Vinaigrette:2 Tbs shallots, chopped fine
- 1 Tbs sweet mustard
- 1 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt and pepper
- 1 Tbs fresh herbs, your choice, chopped
- chopped fresh herbs and lemon zest for garnish.
- In a pot of boiling salted water, blanche the asparagus for 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. On a cutting board divide the bunch of asparagus into servings of 6 to 7 spears. Line up the servings in a row. Run one skewer 2 inches from the top and a second skewer 2 inches from the bottom through all the spears to create a horizontal rack.
- For the vinaigrette, put all the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well.
- To grill asparagus, brush racks liberally with vinaigrette to coat well. Grill racks over a medium-high heat barbecue or grill pan for 2-3 minutes on each side until tender. Serve with extra vinaigrette. Top with chopped fresh herbs and lemon zest.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.