Grilled Portabella Caps Stuffed with Herb Cheese
- 4 portabella mushrooms, stems removed
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup baby spinach, rough chopped
- 1/2 cup spreadable reduced fat herb cheese
- 1/3 cup buttery crackers, lightly crushed
- Heat grill to 400° F. Brush both sides of mushrooms with oil. Mix tomatoes and spinach with the herb cheese. Spread the gill side of each mushroom with 2 tablespoons of herb cheese mixture. Sprinkle each mushroom with buttery cracker crumbs.
- Place mushrooms, gill side up, on grill. Close cover and cook 13 minutes.
- For a more quiche-like consistency, cook 2 minutes more.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.