Grilled Oriental Halibut Steaks
- 2 lbs halibut steaks, (four steaks)
- 1/2 cup white wine, dry
- 3 Tbs soy sauce, low sodium
- 1 Tbs ginger root, minced
- 1/2 Tbs honey, (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Wash halibut steaks, then pat dry with a paper towel and place inside a large zip-lock plastic bag (or covered dish).
- In a small bowl, mix together wine, soy sauce, ginger root, honey and garlic.
- Pour soy sauce marinade over halibut and seal bag (or cover dish). Place in refrigerator. Marinate for at least one hour, then turn the bag occasionally so marinade covers fish. The fish can marinate up to 12 hours.
- Prepare grill (medium-high heat) and oil the rack so fish will not stick. Place the fish on the hot grill and cook 4–5 minutes per side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Broiler option: Preheat oven broiler, coat broiler pan with vegetable oil spray and broil fish 4–5 minutes per side.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.