Grilled Marinated Steak and Vegetables
- 2 lbs boneless steak (top round, sirloin or flank)
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing, divided
- 12 oz (about 3-3/4 cups) large white button mushrooms, halved
- 1 large red onion, cut in 8 wedges
- 2 small (about 2 cups) zucchini, cut in 1-inch rounds
- 8 large cherry tomatoes
- Preheat grill or broiler. With fork tines pierce steak on both sides. In a shallow pan or resealable plastic bag place steak. Add 1/2 cup of the salad dressing; turn meat to coat; marinate for 15 minutes. In the center of a broiler rack or grill place steak (discard marinade). Cook steak about 5 minutes; turn.
- Place mushrooms, onion and zucchini around steak; brush vegetables lightly with Italian dressing. Cook until meat is done as desired (6 to 8 minutes longer for medium rare) and vegetables are tender, adding cherry tomatoes a few minutes before steak is done.
- Transfer steak to a carving board; let stand for 5 minutes. Place vegetables in a bowl; sprinkle with any remaining dressing. Cut meat in thin diagonal slices and serve with vegetables
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.