Grilled Lamb Fajitas
- 1-1/2 pounds American Lamb leg steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 6 green onions
- 3 fresh poblano or ancho chilies (optional)
- 1 red bell pepper, halved
- 1 green bell pepper halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper halved
- 12 medium flour tortillas, warmed
- fresh salsa
- Fajita Marinade1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, crushed
- In small bowl, prepare fajita marinade: combine all ingredients.
- Place lamb in glass dish. Pour marinade over lamb, cover and refrigerate 4 to 6 hours.
- Grill over medium-hot coals. Cook lamb, onions, chilies and bell peppers 4 inches from coals. Cook steaks 5 to 6 minutes per side or to desired degree of doneness: 145° F for medium-rare, 160° F for medium, or 170° F for well. Turn vegetables frequently until cooked.
- Slice lamb steaks and vegetables into 1/4-inch thick slices. Serve on tortillas, top with salsa and roll up.
Defrosting Lamb: Thaw frozen lamb in the refrigerator overnight or for faster thawing, use a microwave oven, following the manufacturer's directions. Do not thaw frozen lamb at room temperature.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.