Grilled Lamb and Asparagus Pitas with Tsatsiki Sauce
- Tsatsiki Sauce1/2 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- Pitas4 pita pockets, cut in half
- 1 1/2 lb lamb, cut into 2 inch cubes
- 2 bunches asparagus, ends trimmed.
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, whole
- 2 tomatoes, cubed
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- Tsatsiki SaucePurée all ingredients in a blender until almost smooth, about 1 minute. Chill until ready to assemble.
- PitasToss lamb cubes and asparagus with olive oil, salt and pepper in a bowl. Grill over a preheated grill until asparagus is tender and lamb cubes are cooked to a medium rare. Cut asparagus into 2" pieces. Set aside.
- Lightly grill both sides of the pita breads until heated through yet still soft. Wrap pitas in foil for a few minutes to steam.
- Divide sandwich ingredients evenly among the 8 pita-halves. Drizzle with the Tsatiki sauce and serve immediately.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.