Grilled Greek-Style Pork Gyros
- 1 pork London Broil, about 1 pound, 1-inch thick
- 1 Tbs Greek seasoning
- 4 pita bread, warmed
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- Dilled yogurt-cucumber sauce*1 cup plain lowfat yogurt
- 1/2 seeded, peeled and diced cucumber
- 2 Tbs minced onion
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dill weed
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. Sprinkle seasoning on pork. Grill directly over fire, turning once, a total of 15-20 minutes. Remove to a cutting board; thinly slice to serve in pita with onion, pepper strips and yogurt sauce.
- Yogurt Sauce:In a medium bowl stir together yogurt, cucumber, onion, black pepper, dill weed, and garlic clove.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.