Grilled Fresh Asparagus with Pancetta, Pepato Cheese, and Herbs
- 1- 1/2 lbs jumbo or extra-large fresh asparagus, trimmed
- olive oil, as needed
- 2 Tbs grated pepato cheese (Romano cheese with peppercorns) or plain Romano
- 3 oz thinly-sliced pancetta or 3 slices bacon, cooked crisp, then crumbled
- 1 Tbs chopped Italian (flat leaf) parsley
- 1 Tbs shredded basil
- 1 Tbs shredded mint
- Generously coat asparagus spears with olive oil. Grill over medium-hot heat. Turn frequently, until asparagus is lightly browned and tender-crisp, about 6 minutes for extra-large and a minute or two more for jumbo. Arrange on a warmed serving platter.
- Sprinkle with cheese, pancetta, and herbs.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.