Grilled Chimichurri Pork Roast
- 3 lb boneless pork roast
- 1 cup parsley, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp red pepper, crushed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- lemon slices, for garnish
- lime slices, for garnish
- Place pork roast in self-sealing plastic bag. In food processor, place parsley, onion and garlic and pulse until minced. Add remaining ingredients, except garnish, and process to blend. Coat pork in plastic bag with this mixture. Seal bag and refrigerate overnight.
- Prepare medium-hot fire in grill. Remove pork from marinade (discard marinade) and place pork roast over drip pan on grill over indirect heat. Close grill cover and cook about 1 hour (20 minutes per pound), until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 150° F. Remove roast from heat; let rest until temperature reaches 160° F, about 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with lemon and lime slices.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with grill-roasted corn on the cob and freshly made lemonade.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.