Grilled Chicken with Sweet Corn and Pepper Relish
- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- 1 lemon
- 7 Tbs extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 ear fresh corn, kernels removed from cob, about 1 cup kernels
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 3 Tbs parsley, chopped
- 4 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt, divided
- 1 tsp black pepper, divided
- Using vegetable peeler, peel lemon. In large shallow glass baking dish, place lemon peel strips and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Add chicken breast halves and marinate in refrigerator for at least two hours or up to overnight.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to boil. Add corn kernels and simmer 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- Make relish by combining in large bowl the corn, red pepper dice, green pepper dice, yellow pepper dice, onion, garlic and parsley. Stir well to combine. Add remaining 5 tablespoons olive oil and red wine vinegar. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill or preheat broiler.
- Place chicken breasts on grill or under broiler and cook until golden brown on one side, about 5 minutes. Turn chicken breasts, season with remaining salt and pepper and return to grill. Continue cooking until golden and cooked throughout, about 4 - 5 minutes more.
- To serve, slice each chicken breast on the diagonal into 4 or 5 slices. Top with relish. Garnish with additional parsley leaves, if desired.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.