Grilled Chicken with Spicy Ginger Marinade
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup plain non-fat yogurt
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs chopped cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In medium bowl, stir together yogurt, garlic, ginger, lime juice, red pepper flakes, cilantro, salt and pepper. Transfer marinade to large zipper lock plastic bag, combining well. Add chicken, reseal bag and turn it over several times to thoroughly coat chicken with marinade. Refrigerate for one hour, or up to 6 hours.
- Prepare gas or charcoal grill.
- Remove chicken from marinade and grill over medium-hot coals, turning, for 5 - 6 minutes per side. Remove to platter and let rest for 10 minutes.
- If desired, slice breasts on the diagonal into strips and arrange on platter. Garnish with lime wedges and additional chopped cilantro.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.