Grilled Chicken, Plantain, and Pineapple Skewers
- 8 chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 4 1 oz. strips bacon, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 pineapple, peeled, cored and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 plantains, ripe, peeled and cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tbs oregano, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Pineapple Dipping sauce2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, minced
- 10 ounces jar of pineapple fruit spread
- On eight 10-inch skewers, thread chicken, bacon, pineapple and plantains, alternating ingredients. Set skewers on a tray with sides or in a glass baking dish. In small bowl, stir together pineapple juice, lime juice, oregano and garlic cloves. Pour pineapple juice mixture over skewers, turning to coat all sides thoroughly. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, and up to 24 hours, turning skewers occasionally.
- Before cooking chicken, prepare pineapple sauce.
- Prepare grill. When coals are hot, lift skewers out of marinade and brush lightly with vegetable oil. Grill over medium-hot coals for about 20 minutes, turning often. Stir remaining marinade into sauce. Boil sauce over hot stove, stirring often, for 4 minutes.
- Serve skewers hot.
- Pineapple Dipping SauceIn medium bowl, stir together vegetable oil, minced onion, pineapple fruit spread, and remaining marinade. Boil as instructed before serving.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.