Grilled Barramundi Skewers
- 4 barramundi fillets
- 2 bell peppers- red, yellow or green, as desired (cut into large chunks)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp dried red pepper flake
- bamboo skewers (soaked in warm water for about 1/2 hour)
- Combine all ingredients except for fish and peppers in a bowl and let stand at room temperature while preparing the skewers.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry with a paper towel. Slice fish into strips about 1 inch wide and the full width of the fillet.
- Skewer one piece of fish in two places to securely hold it on each skewer (the skin is very tough when it's raw and you may need a small knife to start each hole.) Place a couple pieces of pepper on each skewer, too.
- When all the skewers are complete, lay them on a plate or platter and spoon the oil marinade over them. For more flavor, cover and refrigerate for half an hour. Just before grilling, spoon any remaining marinade over the fish one more time.
- Place on a hot grill and cook for two minutes. Turn and cook one or two more minutes. Avoid flames as they will burn the bamboo skewers.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.