Grilled Apple Chicken
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz container frozen apple juice concentrate, thawed (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 large Granny Smith apples, cored and cut into thick rings
- Preheat grill to medium (if using gas grill), or until charcoal is covered with gray ash and is medium-hot.
- In a small saucepan, combine apple juice concentrate, honey, lemon juice, brown sugar and cinnamon; mix well. Heat over medium heat until sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes). Set aside 1 cup of mixture to serve as sauce; use remaining for basting. Arrange apple rings on grill and brush with basting sauce. Grill for 8 minutes, basting often. Turn apple rings over, baste again and grill for 8 to 10 minutes or until tender, basting often. Meanwhile, place chicken on grill. Brush with basting sauce. Grill for 5 minutes (10 minutes if frozen), basting often. Turn chicken over and baste again. Basting often, grill for 5 to 7 minutes more (10 to 15 minutes if frozen) or until internal juices run clear. Discard leftover basting sauce.
- Serve chicken and apples with reserved sauce.
Copyright © 2013 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2014.